Monday 17 June 2013

Atkins Revolution Rolls - Low Carb Buns

I love bread! I really do...there is nothing better on this planet than a slice of very fresh bread with just a bit of butter.
But then came low carb and bread was dead to me. :-(
Actually being without bread is not as bad as it sounds. But a nice sandwich....oh dear, I do miss that every now and then.

Always looking out for new low carb recipes I found Soulfood LowCarberia It's a Blog from Germany, so sorry most of the recipes are in German. Jasmin lives low carb since quite a while and she even has her own low carb cafe in Nuernberg, Germany. So wish I would know anybody living close to her shop. Everything looks so so good!

The first recipe I wanted to give a go are the Atkins Revolution Rolls. Yes, low carb buns!!!!!
For burgers, for sandwiches, for whatever you fancy and today, I fancied a sandwich.
(There is a video in the post which is in english.)

So I beat the egg whites and then added the egg yolks which I mixed with cream cheese.
The recipe says that they need to go into the oven for 50 minutes at 150 degrees, but mine were actually done after 30 minutes. I might even reduce the baking time a little further the next time I make the buns.

I was craving a nice hearty sandwich, so I put cream cheese, bacon, chorizo, mushrooms and BBQ sauce on my buns. I loved it! It tasted really nice.....defo gonna make them again!






2 comments:

  1. Nice sandwich, but beware of BBQ souce. I think it has a lot of sugar in it.

    Greetings from Germany,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo,

    ich wollte die Brötchen mal nachbacken und wollt fragen ob die so dick werden das man die in der mitte aufschneiden kann wie ein Semmel.

    Oder hast du bei deinen Burgern da immer zwei genommen?

    Gruß

    ReplyDelete